SuperTest Qualification Suite
Functional safety standards like ISO 26262 for the automotive industry require that adequate confidence and quality levels are demonstrated for software tools. C/C++ compilers translate software to hardware architectures and are complicated tools by nature, thus requiring qualification and validation when used for safety critical applications. By using the SuperTest qualification suite, system integrators and application developers using a compiler tool chain can achieve the appropriate qualification and confidence levels for the compilers that are used when producing their applications.
Applying SuperTest ensures compiler confidence by:
- passing a large number of hand-crafted tests
- providing high compiler code coverage
- comparing results with reference values
- exhaustively testing use-case specific constructs and features
- passing custom tests, such as regression tests, which can be easily added
- accurately determining and reconstructing test-runs
- validating the compiler against ISO language standards
The SuperTest qualification suite is for use in OEM software tool qualification kits and services, and can easily be added to safety critical development tools.